Rugby in Italy
Italy is not the biggest name in the world of rugby, but the national team is getting better all the time and it has provided some memorable moments in the Six Nations tournament over the years.
If you are a Wales fan, a trip to Italy to watch your team take on Italy could be just the thing you need. And you could even combine your trip with a holiday to see some more of Italy.
Rugby: when and where
The date of the match is 5th February 2017. It sounds a long way away right now, but it is going to come around quickly, and it’s always best to get your tickets early.
Italy is primarily known as a big footballing nation. Its national team is consistently one of the best in the world, and Serie A is one of the best leagues.
But rugby is still big in Italy, and you are guaranteed a fantastic atmosphere when the national team are playing in the Six Nations.
The Italian fans are passionate, and the whole stadium will come alive. Not only that, but the atmosphere in the rest of Rome will also be buzzing. It’s a friendly rivalry, so you can be sure to meet lots of Italian fans on the street.
Getting to the match
You have a number of ways to plan your trip. You could buy your ticket then make your own arrangements to get there, or you could make it easy on yourself and buy a package.
A package will include different things depending on the provider. A good package will include flights, transfers, accommodation and rugby tickets at the very minimum.
However, you could even choose a provider with experience in organising Italian holidays. That way you could get some advice about planning a holiday around the match.
See more of Rome on your trip
It would be a shame to go all the way to Rome and then not take the opportunity to explore the city further during your time here.
There is so much to see and do in Rome that a weekend hardly seems long enough. You could always stay for longer, but if you only have a short amount of time, some of the things to make sure you see include:
- the Vatican Museums, a collection of museums that contain some of the greatest treasures on Earth;
- the Sistine Chapel with the incredible ceiling by Michelangelo;
- The mighty Colosseum, one of the wonders of the ancient world, and something everyone should see once in their lifetime;
- the Roman Forum, the heart of ancient Rome and a must for history buffs.
In addition to the highlights, you can also simply enjoy the things that make Rome special, such as:
- sitting in a cafe with an espresso and watching the world go by;
- window shopping in the designer stores on Via Condotti;
- walking around in your own time and getting lost in the streets;
- eating pizza at one of the many restaurants found throughout the city.
Book your tickets early
These are just some of the things you can do in Rome when you go to see the rugby match. And this is without even mentioning all of the other things you can see and do in Italy if you want to make a real holiday out of your trip. So book your tickets early and start looking forward to the experience.